Expressions are new in SSIS (meaning that they were not in DTS) but they allow you to create extremely flexible packages. Expressions can be used to assign values to variables, help you determine whether to execute a task, and to assign properties. If you ever found yourself writing ActiveX code (VBScript) in DTS to determine which task to execute based on a variable's value, then you probably can forego the scripting all together in favor of expressions! They are very powerful in SSIS and you'll want to have a solid understanding of how to write them and how to use them.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades